Terms & Conditions
This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Website and Functional Diagnostix Ltd, the owner(s) of this Website. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon our sending a dispatch email to you indicating that your order has been fulfilled and is on its way to you.
1.Definitions and Interpretation
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;
means Functional Diagnostix LTD, 2 Woodberry Grove, London, N12 0DR
means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that FDX makes available through the Website either now or in the future;
means the services available to you through this Website, specifically purchasing of blood chemistry services, phlebotomy, pathology, report interpretation software, supplements, genetic or genomic testing, biological testing, and any other offered services;
means any details required for the purchase of Services from this Website. This includes, but is not limited to, credit / debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes;
means collectively any orders, invoices, receipts or similar that may be in hard copy or electronic form;
Means our place(s) of business located at Functional Diagnostix LTD, 2 Woodberry Grove, London, N12 0DR
means any online communications infrastructure that FDX makes available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, social media, live chat facilities and email links;
“User” / “Users”
means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by FDX and acting in the course of their employment;
means the website that you are currently using (functionaldx.com, functionaldx.co.uk) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.myfunctionaldx.com, my.functionaldx.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
means the return of payment, full or partial, for cancelled and unused services and materials
FunctionalDX products are provided for Phil Richards and or Phil Richards Nutrition Lab Ltd
These Terms and Conditions apply to customers of Phil Richards (Phil Richards Nutrition Lab Ltd) only.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase and/or activate a Product and to provide a sample for testing.
Test results and comments or interpretation provided by your practitioner Phil Richards in relation to those results are for the purposes of information only. They may provide a guide to help you understand your health but do not, and are not intended to, constitute a clinical diagnosis. This service is not a substitute for proper medical investigation and advice, and we do not provide clinical or diagnostic services in relation to the tests.
FDX Reports are based on information available to us at the time, and this information may be insufficient to gain a complete understanding of your health or a particular condition you may be suffering from. If you have any concerns regarding your health or your test results you should discuss them directly with your GP or a doctor.
3. Service product
FDX provide an online service for Phil Richards (Phil Richards Nutrition Lab Ltd) whereby you can order a FunctionalDX blood test online to inform your programme with Phil Richards (www.philrichardsnutritionlab.co.uk).
All blood test and reporting is proved for and on behalf of Phil Richard Nutrition Lab and FDX does not contract with members of the public for the services provided. Clients of Phil Richards Nutrition Lab should address all correspondence and queries directly to him or though his site www.philrichardsnutritionlab.co.uk.
Each test must be completed using a blood draw with a qualified phlebotomist. The test may need to be centrifuged. These details are included on the website page, and in your test kit instructions, please read the instructions carefully. Please ensure you are aware of which blood draw service you require.
The blood draw arrangement and payment is separate to the FDX test. FunctionalDX do not co-ordinate or pay for the blood draw. You can find a suitable blood draw location here: https://functionaldx.com/blood-draw-location/
To return your completed test please see the instructions.
- Payment for services is required on completion of the order via online card transaction.
- In matters of outstanding amounts due, Interest will be charged on a daily basis, commercial interest at 2.5% above the base rate of the Bank of England relevant at the time of order.
5. Order Termination and Cancellation
- FDX reserves the right to cancel orders or payments without stating reasons, for any reason prior to processing payment or commencing Services provision.
- If orders or payments are cancelled within 60 days of the placement of order for any reason prior to commencement or use of the Services provision you will be entitled to a refund of any monies paid for blood testing only and in relation to those services not used.
- Prior to release of the refund all consumable materials must be returned to FDX in an unused and resalable condition. When kits are returned, we advise that they are returned in a plastic postal bag, to maintain their integrity, otherwise charges as per 9.3 will be applied.
- If materials are returned in an unusable and unsaleable condition, we reserve the right to charge a non-negotiable administration fee of £30.
- For orders cancelled between 60-90 days after order, subject to the return of materials as clause 9.2. FDX reserves the right, without recourse to charge a cancellation fee, including administration fee of 30% of the total invoice value.
- For cancelled orders that are 90-120 days, subject to the return of materials as clause 5.2. FDX reserves the right, without recourse to charge a cancellation fee, including administration fee of 50% of the total invoice value.
- All cancelled orders that are more than 120-days old from the date of order, are deemed null and void and no refunds are available or will be made.
- If you terminate your Account, any non-completed orders or payments will be cancelled, and you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those orders as defined in 5.1 thru 5.6 above. You must provide 90 days’ notice of termination of the service.
6. Order Expiry
- When you place an order, the test kit is valid for 120 days from date of purchase.
- You have 120 days to compete the test.
- After 120 days the kit is invalid and the test void.
- No cancellations or refunds will be provided. These terms are specified in section 9a above.
7. Services, Pricing and Availability
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all descriptions of Services available from FDX on behalf of Phil Richards (Phil Richards Nutrition Lab Ltd) correspond to the actual Services, FDX is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct Services, not different Services altogether. Please refer to sub-Clause 13.4 for incorrect Services.
- FDX does not represent or warrant that such Services will be available. Availability indications are provided on the Website these orders may be subject to available stock or time restrictions.
- All pricing information on the Website is correct at the time of going online. FDX reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary. All pricing information is reviewed and updated annually or more frequently as may be determined by FDX.
- In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Services and FDX processing that order and taking payment; you will be contacted prior to your order being processed with details of the new price OR provision of Services shall commence as per your order and you will be charged the original price.
- All prices on the Website where appropriate do include VAT. FDX’s VAT number is subject to conditions of medical services.
8. Provision of Services
- Provision of Services shall commence when full payment has been received or as otherwise detailed in the Terms & Conditions pertaining directly to those Services.
- FDX shall use its best endeavours to provide the Services with reasonable skill and care.
- Provision of all Services shall be subject to the Terms and Conditions pertaining directly to those Services.
- In the event that Services are provided that are not in conformity with your order and thus incorrect, you should contact us within 10 days to inform us of the mistake. FDX will ensure that any necessary corrections to the Services provided are made within 7 working days.
- FDX reserves the right to exercise discretion with respect to any alterations to Services under Clause 13. Factors which may be taken into account in the exercise of this discretion include, but are not limited to:
- Any use or enjoyment that you may have already derived from the Services;
- Any characteristics of the Services which may mean that cessation of provision is impossible without significant further work on the part of and at the expense of FDX.
- Such discretion to be exercised only within the confines of the law.
9. Intellectual Property
- All Content included on the Website, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of FDX and its shareholders or licensing partners, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
- You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by FDX.
10. Third Party Intellectual Property
- Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
11. Links to Other Websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of FDX or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- FDX makes no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service or Services.
- No part of this Website or Services provided by FDX is intended to constitute advice and the Content of these should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- No part of this Website or Services are intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- Whilst FDX uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website and Services are secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, all Users are advised to take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
13. Changes to the Service and these Terms and Conditions
- FDX reserves the right to change the Website, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Website following the changes. If FDX is required to make any changes to Terms and Conditions by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
14. Availability of the Website
- The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- FDX accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
15. Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, FDX accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website and Services or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Website and Services and their Content at their own risk.
FDX highlights that blood chemistry analysis reports are not for diagnostic purposes, but for health trend analysis.
2. FDX highlights that all biological laboratory analysis is undertaken by certified laboratories which are licensed to do so in their countries of origin.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts FDX’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of FDX.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts FDX’s liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect provision of Services or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Website.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these Terms and Conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
16. No Waiver
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
17. Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
18. Third Party Rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and FDX.
19. Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and FDX shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and FDX and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.